Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rankings Recap

By:  Shane McCarthy

I've spent the last three weeks previewing all 15 teams in the conference. And I dispensed each blog post in reverse order of how I believe they stack up against each other from #15 to #1. When I started on the second post, I realized this may not be the most effective way to look at these teams. But I started with that style and was determined to stick with it.

Anyway, it is probably best to look at these teams in groupings (or tiers). To the right you can see a more appropriate way of how I view these teams. Each tier represents teams that I believe are similar to each other. And even though I ranked them a certain way, I think you could re-order these teams within each tier in any way, and I wouldn't argue with the result.

And if I had label or describe each tier, this is what I would say:


First tier – These are the teams that will compete for the regular season championship.

Second tier – These teams are talented, but not good enough to win the Big East regular season. However, they are all good enough to catch fire and win the Big East Tournament.

Third tier – A compilation of teams that will win some big games, but will likely have just as many head-scratchers.

Fourth tier – Well, this is the basement.

At the end of the day, this is just my opinion and prediction. Four months from now I will check back and likely find that I was way off. And that’s OK, because its fun watching the season play out and constantly being surprised. Enjoy the ride.

Twitter:  @shane_t_mac


No comments:

Post a Comment